NO PLANet B
Time for (r)Evolution
We All Must Be In It
We all join T-Rex
SOUL = Survival and Sustainability of Organized Human Life
Information Resources : NUCLEAR WAR
This is what we All are up against, the Two Critical Problems we must solve with Action Now - and there is no more "later":
Climate Dynamics and Extremes
Climate change, global warming, and extreme, non-linear weather and consequences within the planetary environment
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Imminent risk of nuclear war that will be unavoidable global and destructive of human civilization
Here are URLs to only a small selection of Professor Chomsky's talks and interviews. There are many more, and surely you can find others, including variations in several languages. These are a small "starter" selection, and in these lectures - all of them - Prof. Chomsky addresses much, much more than nuclear war, including climate change, including all of the fundamental socioeconomic factors and forces that have led us to the edge of the Precipice.
Other Media including Essays
Selected Scientific, Technical, Medical Papers and Reports
- Radioactive Fallout (Charles S. Shapiro, PhD) - in "The Medical Implications of Nuclear War" (Institute of Medicine (US), 1986)
- Genetic Consequences of Nuclear War (Per Oftedal, PhD) - in "The Medical Implications of Nuclear War" (Institute of Medicine (US), 1986)
- The Risks of Nuclear Winter (Seth Baum, 2015)
- The Effects of Nuclear War (Office of Technology Assessment, USA) (1979) -- this is a classic report produced by the Executive Branch of the U. S. government. It is very much worth reading for many reasons. Pay attention to "style" but also to the charts and tables - and the numbers of projected casualties and fatalities.
- Even a 'limited' nuclear war could trigger cruel nuclear winters and global famine (Kevin Loria, 2017)
- Even A Small Nuclear War Would Still Have Effects On Global Scale (David Bressan, 2017)
- A Path Where No Man Thought; Nuclear Winter and the End of the Arms Race (Guy Brasseur, 1991)
- The Humanitarian Consequences Of Nuclear War (Ira Helfand, 2013)
- Food and Nutrition in the Aftermath of Nuclear War (Alexander Leaf, MD) - in "The Medical Implications of Nuclear War" (Institute of Medicine (US), 1986)
- Medical Supply and Demand in a Post-Nuclear-War World (Herbert L. Abrams, MD) - in "The Medical Implications of Nuclear War" (Institute of Medicine (US), 1986)
- Recent Assessments of the Environmental Consequences of Nuclear War (Richard P. Turko, PhD) - in "The Medical Implications of Nuclear War" (Institute of Medicine (US), 1986)
- Even a ‘minor’ nuclear war would be an ecological disaster felt throughout the world (David McCoy (2017)
More coming soon by other authors and on different topics!
We Need HELP with editing, compiling, webpaging, and also Translating and Subtitling, especially between these languages (spoken and written):
IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE CONTACT US!
SOUL Credo, Chants and Cheers
The SOUL Initiative and its Programs and Projects are managed through the PSED Program and the MIRNOVA Project, components of TETRAD Institute, a private non-profit international research organization dedicated to advancement of culture through science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics, working in collaboration with partners in academia and industry.
Copyright © 2018, 2019, 2020 TETRAD Institute